Weight Loss using kiwi and Banana
Ayurvedic View On Banana
We all are aware of the fact that an apple a day keeps a doctor away. However, Ayurveda has a different take on this. Ayurveda says, “Eating a banana daily will keep you away from all diseases.”
According to Ayurveda, banana balances the vata and pitta doshas. However, if not digested properly, it may lead to an increase in the kapha dosha. Ayurvedic texts, including Sushruta Samhita and Vasthu Guna Deepika, explain that banana balances the three humors i.e. doshas, and thereby, keeps the body cool. Another interesting fact about banana is that it can help fight obesity. At the same time, it also helps in building the muscles in the body. Ayurveda recommends that anemic people must consume bananas, which will help in increasing the hemoglobin count.[wp_ad_camp_2]
Whether or not you like them, bananas are great. They are full of nutrients like fiber, potassium, good carbohydrates, Vitamin C and many more important vitamins and minerals. They are a breakfast staple in almost every household as it gives you instant energy to kick-start your day. You may have often been advised to eat bananas to gain weight but you may have also heard that bananas are great for weight loss. Confused? Does eating bananas help you gain or lose weight? We have all the answers you’re seeking right here.
Yes, it is true that bananas are loaded with carbohydrates that you are often told to limit or not avoid in order to lose weight. But bananas contain the good carbohydrates in the form of the resistant starch – the kind that supports both weight loss and weight maintenance. Moreover, they are packed with fiber that keeps you full for longer and are also low in calories.[wp_ad_camp_3]
Although high in carbohydrates, bananas have a low to medium glycemic index and therefore they do not cause sudden spikes in the blood sugar levels as compared to other high-carb foods and so, keep you metabolic rate in control. By keeping your blood sugar levels and metabolic rate in control, your body will burn more fat for energy. But these are just the basics and the confusion still lingers – are bananas good to gain weight or to lose weight?[wp_ad_camp_4]
The kiwi fruit facilitates weight loss because:
- It is a filling food that acts as a safe natural appetite suppressant
- People who consume kiwi fruit for a month can lower their blood triglyceride levels by 15%
- It is a very high source of fiber that slows down sugars entering the blood stream thereby preventing insulin resistance and helping sweep debris and toxins out of the intestines.
- It is extremely high in Vitamin C and Vitamin K (more than an orange), which facilitates overall good health and prevents the flu and colds that can occur in people who over-exercise or who are on low calorie diets
- It is a rare vegan source of folate, which helps dieters absorb B vitamins and iron
- It is a rich source of vitamin E, which helps skin that has gone flabby to bounce back after weight loss
- It contains phytonutrients that prevent asthma attacks, allowing asthmatic dieters to work out, walk or jog longer[wp_ad_camp_1]
It is a water-soluble antioxidant that helps reduce the inflammation caused by diseases that can prevent exercise such as arthritis, rheumatism and diabetes
Whenever people come across someone skinny, the first advice that they give is to consume a lot of bananas with milk. On the other hand, if you’re on a diet and if you go to your nutritionist, she/he will also suggest that you eat at least one banana every day.
While some people believe that banana helps in gaining weight, others believe it helps in weight loss. The mystery remains unsolved whether it is a fruit for weight loss or gain.
Well, losing or gaining weight depends on how many bananas you eat. If you eat nothing but only bananas, then you will automatically lose weight. But if you eat your regular meals along with five to six bananas per day, then you will gain weight. Either way, eating bananas is beneficial for your health.[wp_ad_camp_5]